The VH1 Save The Music Foundation has been working for some time to raise and donate money and/or musical instruments to struggling music programs throughout the country. In August, VH1 teamed up with Nettwerk America to plan the release of a children's album that would feature remakes of classic children's songs by some of rock's biggest names. Dubbed For The Kids, the album will be released on October 22 with a portion of the proceeds going to benefit the Save The Music Foundation. Cake, Barenaked Ladies, Sarah Mclachlan, Darius Rucker, Ivy and more have all contributed tracks to the album.
The VH1 Save The Music Foundation is a non-profit initiative with two primary missions: To restore music education programs in America's public schools, AND to raise awareness of the positive impact music participation has on students. Click the link above to see how you can help. Check out the full For The Kids track listing below.
For The Kids Track Listing:
01. Cake - "Mahna Mahna"
02. Barenaked Ladies - "La La La La Lemon"
03. Sarah Mclachlan - "The Rainbow Connection"
04. Guster - "I've Got to be Clean"
05. Dan Zanes - "Wonderwheel"
06. Glen Phillips - "Have a Little Fun"
07. John Ondrasnik of Five for Fighting - "The Hoppity Song"
08. Billy Bragg with Wilco - "My Flying Saucer"
09. Darius Rucker - "It's All Right to Cry"
10. Ivy - "Sing"
11. Remy Zero - "Bright Eyes"
12. Dan Wilson (of Semisonic) - "Willie the King"
13. Bleu - "Snow Day"
14. Chantal Kreviazuk & Raine Maida - "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star"
15. Sixpence None the Richer - "Good Night Children Everywhere"
16. Tom Waits - "Bend Down the Branches"