After thousands of votes, countless arguments, and one foiled attempt by an unnamed band's street team to sway the voting, the results of The Tripwire's Top Albums of 2002 are in. The story this year was Coldplay's A Rush Of Blood To The Head. The album jumped to an early lead and never lost the top spot. Queens Of The Stone Age and The Flaming Lips tied for second place, with Wilco and Interpol rounding out the top 5. Thanks to all who took part in the voting. Give yourself a nice pat on the back and big pinch in the ass from all of us at The Tripwire. Happy New Year!
The top 10 albums of 2002, as picked by YOU:
1. Coldplay - A Rush Of Blood To The Head - Capitol
2. Queens Of The Stone Age - Songs For The Deaf - Interscope
2. Flaming Lips - Yoshimi Battles The Pink Robots - Warner Bros.
4. Wilco - Yankee Hotel Foxtrot - Nonesuch
5. Interpol - Turn On The Bright Lights - Matador
6. Beck - Sea Change - Interscope
7. David Gray - A New Day At Midnight - ATO/RCA
8. Ash - Free All Angels - Kinetic
9. The Streets - Original Pirate Material - Vice Recordings
10. Felix da Housecat - Kittenz and Thee Glitz - Emperor Norton
Source: The Tripwire