The Clash Opt Not To Perform For Rock Hall Ceremony





Clash bassist Paul Simonon has told BBC radio that the remaining band members have no plans to perform as part of the Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame induction ceremony. He said, "We're not going to play or anything. We really haven't got anything planned." Joe Strummer had discussed re-uniting the band to play at the Rock Hall before his death, but Simonon was against the idea. If a reunion were to take place, he would have wanted it to be for the real fans and not the $2,500-a-plate "seated and booted" crowd that will be attending the bash. Talk had been circulating that Nobel Peace Prize nominee Bono or The Boss might fill in for Strummer at the event, but these rumors appear to have been squashed. Sorry kids. The Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame induction ceremony will be held on March 10 in New York City. VH1 will air an edited version of the event on March 16 in case you're running a little low on cash.




Posted:
The Clash Opt Not To Perform For Rock Hall Ceremony