On Friday and Saturday, July 29 and 30, one of the world's largest dance and music festivals will take place on Long Marston Airfield, Stratford upon Avon. Calling themselves the undisputed king of dance festivals, Global Gathering has attracted record-breaking numbers and completely sold out the past four years. The 2005 event will, for the first time ever, take place over a whole weekend and offer fully equipped camping areas absolutely free for weekend ticket holders.
The Friday night line-up will include a mix of dance superstars and legendary live bands, including Underworld, Happy Mondays, Kosheen and Mylo. Some of the other Friday night DJs include Paul Oakenfold, Deep Dish, Sasha, Roger Sanchez, Layo and Bushwacka, The Scratch Perverts and Notting Hill's purveyor of Good Times, Norman Jay.
Saturday will feature Tiesto, Carl Cox and John Digweed, who will each host their own arenas. They'll be joined by the likes of Paul Van Dyk, Judge Jules, Fergie, Erick Morillo, Armin Van Buuren, Steve Lawler, Plump DJs, Fabio and Grooverider plus many more.
Radio 1 will be covering the event en force, providing hours of live programming from on-site, including broadcasts from Pete Tong, Judge Jules and Fergie.
A whole slew of extracurriculars will be available as well, including:
1. The Urban Village hosted by Birmingham based club night Afrodizzyscratch who bring Hip-Hop DJs, Skate Ramps, BMX Riders, Break Dancers, and Graffiti Artists.
2. The Chill Out Village with tepees, bean bags, coffee shops, massage stands and not forgetting the English Village Fair.
3. The Adrenalin Village with bungee jumps, reverse bungee jumps, free fall simulators and various other extreme rides.
4. An entire fairground with water rides and roller coasters
5. Comedy tent hosted by Jongleurs.
6. The 1000 ton sandy beach, deckchairs, palm trees and sandcastles this year home to Radio One.
7. Camp sites offering additional activities including shops and 5 – a side football pitches.
For ticket and other info, check out the www.globalgathering.co.uk.