KEXP have announced that they are the first US radio station to offer a music radio podcast in a whole new scope with the launch of two new music podcasts. What makes this great is that one of the podcasts will feature fourteen independent artists from the Northwest and will play full-length songs. This program was produced by John Richards, host of John In The Morning. The other podcast that the noncommercial station is offering is with local hip-hop group Boom Bap Project and their in-studio performance with DJ Cheryl Waters. To check out the podcast click here.
Tracklisting for the Northwest Music Podcast:
01. Blue Scholars "The Ave" Blue Scholars self-released
02. The Charming Snakes - Tracks That Lead
03. The Emergency "The Dope Song" Far Out! Heavy Soul
04. The Valley "On Swallows Nest" The Valley Swingline
05. Razrez "Snake" self-released
06. The Weapons "Numb" self-released
07. Mono in VCF "Ultra Love" The Voltage Control EP self-released
08. The Purrs "Loose Talk" self-released
09. Tea for Julie Division self-released
10. Spanish for 100 "Go Away, Come Home"
11. Tullycraft "Polaroids From Mars" Disenchanted Hearts Unite Magic Marker
12. Math and Physics Club - Weekends Away EP Matinee
13. Graham Travis "Lacey in Trouble" Poptek Records
14. Dear Darling "Things You Never Knew” Songs of Friends and Family self-released