Want to be cool like Chip, Matt and I? Want to work in the music biz and hobnob with people like Richard Hawley and M83? Mute needs a Production Director starting soon, so now is your chance. Read the info from Mute, and if you got what it takes, send in your resume.
Production Director, Mute Records (New York City)
Because all our music comes to us from Mute UK and other licensors, design is a very small part of the job.
There is no album art design, design background would be needed in re-sizing Mute UK art to US specs, consumer/trade ads and merch items, like posters.
Qualifications: Proficiency in Quark, Photoshop & Illustrator.
Experience creating web banners in Imageready helpful.
- Coordinating delivery of artwork and masters with Mute's UK office as well as other international licensees
- Management of printing and manufacturing with vendors
- Product order fulfillment with distributors
- Consumer and trade advertising
- Design of merch items (posters, flats, postcards, pin, stickers etc.)
- Generating some label copy