As more of my friends start to pop out kids, they begin to talk less about politics and the next British buzz bands... switching gears to discussions about the new album from The Wiggles and snagging the latest Baby Einstein DVD. In an effort to save the sanity of parents who prefer punk rock to Rafi, the folks at Go-kart Records are here to save the day. On November 21, the label is releasing Brats On The Beat: Ramones For Kids.
Consider this the Kidz Bop for classic punk, as they have "kiddified" some of the most well-known tracks from The Ramones which are performed by a host of all-star singers. From Jim Lindberg of Pennywise to Nick Oliveri of Mondo Generator/QOSTA, the compilation of chock full of music that should make kids just as entertained as their parents. The best part is that a portion of the proceeds will benefit St. Jude Children's Research Hospital. To hear a few samples, head over to their MySpace page.
Brats On The Beat: Ramones For Kids
01. "Blitzkrieg Bop" - Jim Lindberg (Pennywise)
02. "Rock 'N' Roll High School" - Matt Skiba (Alkaline Trio)
03. "California Sun" - Brett Anderson (The Donnas)
04. "Do You Remember Rock 'N' Roll Radio?" - Greg Attonito (Bouncing Souls)
05. "Suzy Is A Headbanger" - Nick Oliveri (ex-Queens Of The Stone Age)
06. "Rockaway Beach" - Blag Dahlia (The Dwarves)
07. "I Just Want To Have Something To Do" - Emily Wynne-Hughes (Go Betty Go)
08. "Spiderman" - Ash Guff (Guff)
09. "We Want the Airwaves" - Spooney (Gabba Gabba Heys)
10. "Sheena Is A Punk Rocker" - Josie Cotton
11. "Cretin Hop" - Tony Reflex (Adolescents)
12. "Bop 'Til You Drop" - Jack Grisham (TSOL)