Jack Johnson's record label, Brushfire, is releasing the soundtrack for a film titled A Brokedown Melody. Although I am not all that interested in a surfing film, the soundtrack seems to actually contain a few interesting tracks. For starters, it includes an unreleased solo track by Eddie Vedder, titled "Goodbye." Other artists featured range from The Beta Band and Kings Of Convenience to Doug Martsch (Built To Spill)... and... Jack Johnson. You haven't lived until you've heard Eddie Vedder rock out to a ukulele. I guess he traded in his flannel for a Hawaiian shirt. Listen for yourself by checking out the links below.
A Brokedown Melody Soundtrack
01. Culver City Dub Collective - "The Cave"
02. Jack Johnson - "Home"
03. Kings Of Convenience - "Know How"
04. Doug Martsch (Built To Spill) - "Window"
05. Eddie Vedder - "Goodbye"
06. Johnny Osbourne - "We Need Love"
07. Jack Johnson w/ Matt Costa and Zach Gill - "Let It Be Sung"
08. The Beta Band - "Needles In My Eyes"
09. M. Ward - "Transfiguration #1"
10. Matt Costa - "The Road"
11. Astor Piazzolla - "Vuelvo Al Sur (Koop Remix)"
12. Jack Johnson - "Breakdown (film version)"