This may be the most amazing piece of music memorabilia ever posted on eBay. For the ultimate rock & roll collector, it should make your legs quiver as you dream about hold this unbelievable piece of vinyl in your hands. Up for auction is the last remaining original acetate of The Velvet Underground & Nico, featuring the versions of the songs that Andy Warhol had actually intended to be released.
Such a rare find comes at a mind-boggling price, as bids have already neared $19,000 at the time of this post. With seven days still to go, this should easily rocket out of reach for most music fans. Here is the tracklisting, along with how each song differs from the versions actually released:
01. "European Son"- completely different version,. Guitar solo is much bluesier. Less noisy and experimental. Longer by 2 minutes or so.
02."Black Angel's Death Song" - Same take as released version. Different mix.
03. "All Tomorrow's Parties" - Same take as released version. Different mix.
04. "I'll Be Your Mirror" - Same take as released version. Radically different mix. No echo on Nico's vocals. Background vocals on end of song are more subdued.
05. "Heroin" - Completely different take than released version. Guitar line is different. Vocal inflections different, and a few different lyrics. Drumming is more primitive & off kilter. There is a tambourine dragging throughout the song.
06. "Femme Fatale" - Same take as released version. Radically different mix. Percussion more prominent. Alternate take on background vocals. Much more "poppy".
07. "Venus In Furs" - Different take than released version. Vocal inflections completely different. Instrumentation more based around Cales' violin than the guitar as in the released version.
08. "I'm Waiting For The Man" - Different take than released version. Guitar line is completely different. Vocal inflections different, and a few different lyrics. No drums, just tambourine. Bluesy guitar solo.
09. "Run Run Run" - Same take as released version. Different mix.
If you happen to have a shitload of disposable income, click here to enter your bid on eBay. Happy bidding... and if you happen to win it, I will hate you forever.