We have been digging the sounds of San Diego's Grand Ole Party and can't wait to catch them live at SXSW. Their new record Humanimals came out at the beginning of the month, and the trio are gearing up to record their first music video for the song "Look Out Young Son" this next weekend. If you are a fan of the band, or just want your 15 minutes, then keep reading.
Grand Ole Party is looking to fill a few rolls, as well as a crowd of people, in their video that is being filmed in San Diego. You have to be available either Saturday or Sunday. According to a post the band made on their MySpace, here is what they are looking for:
- We need a little girl aged 5-12 with brown hair (am still looking for "Macey" from the m-theory show!)
- We need a mother & son (infant to toddler, needs to be held in arms)
- We need a middle-aged female palm reader
- We need a ton of people to make up a town gathering/county fair/carnival scene ranging from age 15-100 ... the more diverse the group the better. if you have a parent or grandparent you think might have fun doing it, ask them!
- We need a lot of older people too.
Black slacks & a plain tee shirt or button up, the more antique-y & traveling circus the better. accessories like suspenders, bowler derby hats or flatcaps, loafers, etc.
Similar to men for a bit of an androgynous "carny" worker look, or vintage costumes a la a carny performer, or vintage dresses 20s/30s era-ish.
If you, or someone you know, is interested; then email your details and a photo to GOPbooking (at) yahoo (dot) com. Don't forget to include your phone number and email.