Paul McCartney, Ringo Starr And… David Lynch At Radio City?

paulringolynch

One million children need to learn how to meditate and half of the original Beatles are going to help them out. Yeah, that’s right, Sir Paul McCartney and Ringo Starr are scheduled the headline the David Lynch Foundation’s benefit concert, “Change Begins Within,” at Radio City Music Hall in April, which is a benefit concert  to raise funds for one-million “at-risk” children so they can learn how to meditate.

McCartney and Starr, Donovan, Sheryl Crow, Moby and a host of others will be performing on April 4 to help Lynch with his cause. David Lynch launched his foundation in 2005 in hopes of financing scholarships for students in middle and high schools that wanted to learn about Transcendental Meditation, which Lynch credits as a life-long tool that can help kids overcome stress and violence, as well as gain success later in life. We figure, if it worked for him, TM can’t be too bad.

McCartney, like Lynch, is an advocate of Transcendental Meditation as well, having studied it in India with Maharishi Mahesh Yogi in 1968. He has accredited the practice for helping him with his music and success over the past 40 years. “In moments of madness, it has helped me find moments of serenity,” said McCartney. “I would like to think that it would help provide them [children] a quiet haven in a not-so-quiet world.”

POSTED March 4, 2009 7:30PM IN THE TRIPWIRE TAGS: , , , , ,

COMMENTS

1. dued says:

awesome! i am there

an exciting event and worthy cause (there is WAY too much stress in schools)

2. Bloggabix says:

Glad that all these famous artist are taking time to promote this worthy cause. I have been doing TM for many years and find it a wonder tool to eliminate stress and stay healthy. We all know how much stress is getting to students and teachers, so let TM be taught in the schools. Enjoy the show!

3. BlissCat says:

I was really excited to hear about this concert. For one thing, this is just going to be an incredible musical event, and it’s great to hear that these artists want to show their support for such a good cause. I practice the Transcendental Meditation Technique(www.TM.org) and so does most of my family (my kids included,), it’s a great technique and it would really help children in school if they were given a chance to experience the deep silence and profound rest that TM provides.

4. RiverRunner says:

Hearing about all these celebs gathering around this cause is great news. What a worthwhile way to use their fame. I hope the concert raises a ton of money. We desperately need to change our schools, and these guys can do it!

5. Silvia says:

My children both learned Transcendental Meditation a few years ago, and they have absolutely blossomed with it. My husband and I keep noticing how they are mentally clear, emotionally grounded, and just overall happy people. Both of them tend to make good decisions, especially as they are moving through the teenage years. Transcendental Meditation is one of the best investments we could have made in their future.

6. Serena says:

I love the Beatles. It’s a family tradition for us to sing their stuff on the holidays. I love this exciting (and funny) recent Ringo Starr Video too! http://bit.ly/WIuNW

7. Tom P says:

—Yeah -it’s fleeting nice to see a couple of Beatles reunited
    -but otherwise watching the once promising -long rich -and decades
    stale David Lynch engaged in still more humdrum art-school self-indulgence
    is a major downer.

Has any generation of artists ever come up as short as the ever self-basting
    boomers?

“—Paging John Huston!”

“—Paging John Huston!”

8. Watch Treme says:

Good day, good blog post.