The first time we were tipped off to the Danger Mouse and Mark Linkous of Sparklehorse collaboration, it came via a poster. This time it's coming from across the pond.
As we told you, Danger Mouse and Linkous have written a 13-song album called Dark Night Of The Soul that features, among others, David Lynch, The Strokes' Julian Casablancas, Iggy Pop, Frank Black and The Flaming Lips' Wayne Coyne.
Now, as revealed to NME, the album has a full track listing, release date (or approximate at least) and some special packaging.
Dark Night Of The Soul will be released sometime in June and will come packaged with a book of David Lynch photographs to accompany the music. It will retail at £38.99 (so, like twice as much in the U.S.) and be limited to 5,000 copies. And get this -- there are no plans to release the album as a legal download or on any other formats. We assume that means the physical release will be on wax (or better be).
An exhibition will run in the Los Angeles Michael Kohn Gallery from May 30, showcasing the photographs alongside the music. Danger Mouse is also producing Beck's follow-up to his 2006 album The Information.
Dark Night Of The Soul track listing
01. Revenge (featuring The Flaming Lips)
02. Just War (featuring Gruff Rhys)
03. Jaykub (featuring Jason Lytle)
04. Little Girl (featuring Julian Casablancas)
05. Angel's Harp (featuring Frank Black)
06. Pain (featuring Iggy Pop)
07. Star Eyes (I Can't Catch It) (featuring David Lynch)
08. Everytime I'm With You (featuring Jason Lytle)
09. Insane Lullaby (featuring James Mercer of The Shins)
10. Daddy's Gone (featuring Nina Persson)
11. The Man Who Played God (featuring Suzanne Vega)
12. Grim Augury (featuring Vic Chestnutt)
13. Dark Night Of The Soul (featuring David Lynch)