Beth Ditto: "I Hate Katy Perry!"

beth-ditto

Weeeeird. So do we! Gossip frontwoman Beth Ditto sounded off on pop starlet Katy Perry in a cover story for this month’s Attitude magazine, opining that Perry’s Summer of ’08 smash “I Kissed A Girl” is merely an “anthem for straight girls who like to turn guys on by making out or faking gay.” Herself a lesbian, Ditto continued, “She’s just riding on the back of our culture, without having to pay any of the dues and not being actually lesbian or anything at all.” Look out for the Gossip’s forthcoming Rick Rubin-produced full-length, Music For Men when it arrives on June 22nd. It growls.

POSTED June 3, 2009 2:21PM IN THE TRIPWIRE Comments (11) TAGS:

COMMENTS

1. laurie luxe says:

exactly. thanks beth.

2. Leanna says:

This person who once said “I got my period just 10 minutes before we got there, and I was totally bleeding. I was doing it with my tranny boyfriend, who I’m in love with, and I was totally bleeding — how radical is that? — and I’m a fat person, and I’m a femme.” is HARDLY the Melissa Etheridge of this generation. So she shouldn’t be slagging off on others when she does a far better job of making the gay community look bad. And how lame to pick on such a soft target, Katy Perry? Why not go after that Miss California, whose remarks are ACTUALLY detrimental to gays? I Kissed A Girl is just a simple song, it may not be a feminist anthem but it’s not homophobic, so anyone who chooses to make an issue out of it either has no life or is a publicity whore. Beth Ditto is both. And no one’s heard of this bitch, at least Katy’s songs do get airplay. And I’d like to know what dues Beth payed, I don’t see her at gay rallies or prop 8 protests.

3. EJ says:

Leanna, sug, Beth Ditto grew up queer in fucking Arkansas. If growing up queer in the armpit of the South isn’t dues-paying, I don’t know wht the fuck is.

4. Chris says:

Beth Ditto is fucking annoying. I’m not even a Katy Perry fan but Beth is just obnoxious.

5. need ladyboy says:

Wow this was for sure the best thing I ve readed this week , thank you and just show us more shemale posts!

6. Hans Amoroso says:

Well , wow this post got it totally right , just write some more about the whole thing

7. Real nasughty tranny posts like this one are basically what I need daily to enjoy! Thank you

8. You need to seriously write some more about this topic. This last post makes me really mind blowed thank you !

9. I d love to read a lot of stuff like this pone but I think it will not be possible 1 Thank you ffor the post!

10. live musik says:

I think Katy Perrys songs are just amazing, her songtext always make me smile and still there is a deeper meaning behind it. Does anybody know where I can get an autograph of her?

11. Yep, just like Britney Spears, money can’t buy class.