As part one of Nike Sportswear and The FADER’s Pitch Perfect program, we have posted six mixtapes featuring music from six continents (sorry, Antarctica). Each mixtape includes brand new artwork by Siggi Eggertsson, eventually available as limited edition screen-printed posters. And now for the final mixtape from Africa. Check out North America, Asia, Australia, Europe and South America at Pitch Perfect.
Click here to get the exclusive mix. According to The FADER, here's what you need to know about the host, Spoek Mathambo:
"One in particular, Johannesburg’s Spoek Mathambo, is approaching the future from multiple angles, combining kwaito, electro, hip hop and his own unique vision into new music that is truly global, yet unquestionably local. For his mix, Mathambo focused on his home country’s newest and best (including some of his own new jams), but ventured north for some extra continental craziness."
Tracklist for Nike Sportswear x The FADER's Pitch Perfect Mixtape #6: Africa
1. Tim Turbo f. Spoek Mathambo and Gnucci Banana, “Linyora” (SA)
2. DJ CNDO, “Terminator” (SA)
3. DJ Mujava f. DJ Menace, “Tshwara” (SA)
4. BB Ramazani, “Fouka Fouka” (Cote D’ivoire)
5. Dirty Paraffin, “Aha” (SA)
6. Pastor Mbhobho, “Ayobaness” (SA)
7. Shanaka, “2010 Football” (Cote D’ivoire)
8. Spoek Mathambo, “Mshini Wam” (South Africa)