For this 10th edition of our Suite903 Podcast we turn to San Francisco-based DJ/producer Spinnerty. He brings his traditional boom-bap style of beats for about 20 minutes of head-nodding. Some of his vinyl releases—available at core record shops like Amoeba (San Francisco) and Turntable Lab (NYC)—make the cut for this exclusive Suite903 mix. Here's a little bit more about Spinnerty according to his bio:
"While he delves in and out of rare funk samples, wrapping his creative forces around hip-hop, UK-influenced broken beat/nu jazz, soul and downtempo he crosses into another world few dare to venture. With reviews widely circulated amid underground musical discourse, Spinnerty continues to position himself just under the radar always searching for new sounds and collaborators."
Tracklist and download after the jump.
Suite903 Podcast 010: Mixed by Spinnerty
1. Limbs, "Its Wonderfuuuuul"
2. Mr. Chop, "The World Is Yours"
3. Spinnerty f. John Robinson, "Just Listen Pt. 1
4. Spinnerty f. John Robinson, "Just Listen Pt. 1 (B. Bravo remix)
5. K15, "Love Me"
6. Marc Rapson, "From Shadows"
7. B. Bravo, "Cascades"
8. Spinnerty f. Jaqueline Marie and K15, "Just Listen Pt. 2"
9. Spinnerty, "Tell Me"
10. Joy Jones, "This Too Shall Pass" (Spinnerty remix)
11. Jneiro Jarel, "Big Bounce Theory Part 2"
12. Heralds of Change, "Sitting on the Side"
13. Spinnerty, "Dawn"
Download: Suite903 Podcast 010