Artists respecting each other’s work is an on-going cycle of real recognize real. Catch daily posts of new wrinkles added to original masterpieces. Today, La Roux covers “Under My Thumb” by The Rolling Stones.
If the Rolling Stones had appeared in the eighties would Keith Richards' nose have survived? Would they have had big rock hair or would everyone just have followed their ill shags? La Roux has us pondering all of these questions with this electronic cover of "Under My Thumb." We feel like we're at an '80s all night dance rave and we need glitter. While the original version sounds like backwood blues, La Roux's version is quite shiny and straight out of the club. She has only ever done the cover live but is now releasing it on Sidetracked, an electro-fused compilation. La Roux curated and mixed this latest volume and its release it set for July 26th in the UK. Read Elly Jackson and Ben Langmaid's message from their Facebook page below.
“Me and Ben (Langmaid) enjoyed putting this mix together. It’s a really nice snapshot of both our musical influences. A lot of the tracks on here are songs we listened to while making our album set alongside some new stuff we're into…”
Tracklist for Sidetracked
1. Japan "I Second That Emotion"
2. Heaven 17 "Come Live With Me"
3. Joyce Sims "(You Are My) All And All"
4. Hally & Kongo Band "Afrikan Man"
5. Fever Ray "When I Grow Up" (D. Lissvik Version)
6. Doris Troy "Just One Look"
7. Freur "Doot Doot"
8. Jam Crew "Exotic Nations"
9. Ellis, Beggs & Howard "Big Bubbles, No Troubles"
10. Fox The Fox "Precious Little Diamond"
11. Tears For Fears "Suffer The Children"
12. Blancmange "What's Your Problem?"
13. I Blame Coco "Self Machine" (Coconut Candy 'No Need For Plastic Palm Trees' Elly Jackson Remix)
14. Paul Haig "Big Blue World"
15. Kavinsky "Testarossa Autodrive" (Seabastian Remix)
16. La Roux "Under My Thumb"
17. Gerry Rafferty "Right Down The Line"