Manchester’s TCTS released his These Heights EP last fall via Greco-Roman, that launching pad for dance producers with left-field pop inclinations. He’s already prepping his next single, but we thought we’d give him a chance to procrastinate with a FADER mix. Loving Lancelot’s “Givin’ It Up” and Detroit Swindle’s TCTS remix—which will featured on a These Heights remix EP out in the UK on January 27th, and up for iTunes preorder now.
Download: TCTS’ FADER Mix
What’s it like where you are right now? I’m currently in the studio in London, working on my new release. I’ve got Holly Partridge here who featured on “Over,” she’s one of my favourite people to work with so I’m excited to see what happens today. Around me is lots of studio gear, headphone cables and a pack of Percy Pigs.
What’s this mix like? This mix is mainly tracks which I’ve been really enjoying playing out recently, both in the UK and in Europe. It’s essentially the kind of music I love listening to and what you can expect to hear if you catch me at a club. There’s a few of mine in there too, including a couple of remixes by Detroit Swindle and Kry Wolf—hugely humbled to have producers like those guys reworking my tunes.
What’s your big music goal for the year? After we’ve wrapped up the campaign for the These Heights EP, I’m aiming to have the next release ready to go fairly quickly. I really want to keep the music coming and not leave it too long between releases. Other than that I want to keep playing out as much as possible, especially in Europe and further abroad, and I’m hoping to play as many festivals as possible this summer.
What’s your non-music goal? To get a dog.
What food do you like to cook and how do you make it? I’ve got a couple of dishes that I wheel out to impress people, they’re not the most outlandish but I’m pretty good at them. I like making Thai food from scratch—I make an admirable green curry (secret ingredients being fresh limes and honey). I’m pretty sick at risottos as well (secret ingredients being pretty much a whole bottle of white wine).
1. Quadron – Hey Love (Classixx Remix)
2. TCTS – Over
3. Cassian – The Ninth
4. Trevino – Backtracking
5. Tiga vs. Audion – Let’s Go Dancing (Maya Jane Coles ‘Dancing In The Dark’ remix)
6. Yousef – Beg (Hot Since ’82 Future Mix)
7. Eli & Fur – You’re So High
8. TCTS – These Heights (Kry Wolf Remix)
9. Drop Lamond – Feeling High ft. Ruby Wood
10. Lancelot – Givin’ It Up ft. Anthony & Cleopatra
11. Erol Sabadosh ft. Sean Alto – Clap Your Hands (Tom Finn Remix)
12. TCTS – These Heights (Detroit Swindle Mile High Club Remix)
13. A1 Bassline – Intasound
14. Thomas Schumacher – Hush (Catz n Dogz 2013 Remix)
15. Disclosure – F For You (Totally Enormous Extinct Dinosaurs Remix)
16. TCTS – Lose Control