Now that we've had some time to sit with and sift through the official line-up of this year's Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival and gotten past our initial HOLY SHIT! JESUS & MARY CHAIN IS PLAYING! reaction, here are some other thoughts on the lineup, contained after the jump.
• Stephen Marley playing together with brother Damian Marley on Friday is going to be a mind brain haze craze blowout.
• Gillian Welch is playing Coachella and not Stagecoach, which is pretty rad.
• Willie Nelson is playing both Coachella and Stagecoach, because dude is so dude. We're going to try and get him to party with us at our condo during the week between the two fests.
• The possibility of The Rapture, LCD Soundsystem, !!! and Hot Chip playing right after each other on Saturday would be insane and makes us wish Out Hud hadn't broken up so we could throw them in our dance rock fantasy too. It's not too late (or too early) for a reunion!
• On Sunday Spank Rock and CSS should get together on stage and "jam."
• Explosions in the Sky's set on Sunday will hopefully be on the second stage as the sun sets and will hopefully totally destroy us and turn us into little weeping babies.
• Konono No. 1's set of fully-amped Bazombo trance on Sunday is likely to cause heatstroke.
• Potential sleeper highlight set picks: Amy Winehouse (Friday), Peter Bjorn and John (Saturday), Soulwax (Sunday)
• HOLY SHIT! JESUS & MARY CHAIN IS PLAYING!