Video: Kid Cudi f. Ratatat & MGMT, “Pursuit of Happiness”

The last thing we need to see this early in the morning is some dude taking a super slo-mo shot of Jager, but we’re willing to watch through our fingers for now because this is the best song off Cudi’s album. Directed by Brody Baker (director of the New York Times’ “T Takes”) and produced by Josh Hartnett, the faux party features cameos by FADER coverdude Drake and NYC artist Scott Campbell, along with a bunch of babes and some random dudes. No Ratatat or MGMT though—bummer. Sidenote: congrats to Cudi and our friends over at Fools Gold for their three Grammy nominations (Drake got some too). (via Oliver)

POSTED December 8, 2009 7:53AM IN MUSIC VIDEO Comments (11) TAGS: , , , , , ,

COMMENTS

1. Camille says:

Brody Baker!

2. Camille says:

um where’s the video?

3. Peter Macia says:

Looks like it’s been pulled down from most places. I’ll put it up as soon as I get a working link

4. r says:

Total ripoff of Hey Champ’s video for “Cold Dust Girl” which came out last year. Boo to kid cudi and his director!

5. Kiki says:

Bummer indeed. I wanted to see MGMT.

6. Kyle says:

I think I liked this better when it was for Hey Champ, shot at Skyler’s Members Only spot in Chicago.

7. Jamie says:

HAHA. Total Rip Off of Cold Dust Girl by HEY CHAMP…WHO OPENED FOR KID CUDI IN PORTLAND LAST NIGHT. What a hacky piece of crap.

8. turd burglar says:

who the f&@# is hey champ? they sound asshurt.

9. monica says:

i was disappointed that cudi didn’t come up with a more creative video – ‘make her say’ is a sick video so i was expecting good things. but when you look at what he’s trying to say, it doesn’t feel as much of a ripoff on hey camp’s video. hey champ’s video is “hey we’re having a great time, let’s party” slow-mo style, and cudi’s video is “hey they’re all having a great time except me….” with the same slow-mo style. you think hey champ invented slow-mo? sort of reminds me of pop art and how warhol took an image and transformed it for his work. or ever heard of shepard fairey? how do you feel about him?

10. shayla says:

love the pureness of his voice and the ‘feel’ of the song and video — MGMT doesn’t need to be there on video — what a great mix of genres and art. makes me feel happy inside . . .