Lady Gaga is a Momentary Crust Punk in her New Video with Beyonce

Clearly the least interesting thing to the entire universe about the video for “Telephone” but the thing we care about most, is that 2:53 deep—and that’s before the music has even started—Lady Gaga, in “prison for bitches,” picks up a call from Beyonce in a spiked leather jacket. The shot pans out quick and for just a moment, you see Gaga from the back and catch the painted GISM logo (check a screen grab after the jump). GISM was an early ’80s Japanese thrash band, dudes just as into white face paint and giant hair as she is. The front of her jacket’s got a Doom logo on there, too. Can’t see her as into the late ’80s UK crust group, they’re too serious. But GISM, totally. Finally we understand you, Gaga. Also this video is nine minutes and is totally the new “Black or White.”

POSTED March 12, 2010 11:10AM IN MUSIC VIDEO Comments (22) TAGS: , , , , ,

COMMENTS

1. issa says:

lest we forget! gaga got started in the glam rock Thrash! party atmosphere so it’s likely that she was probably exposed to this and others like it at some point no?

2. matt says:

You missed either dystopia/discharge painted on the buttflap and icons of filth on her shoulder. I hope she’s exposed to real prison rape, and then a meat grinder.

3. Arika says:

It’s entirely possible that she doesn’t know who those bands are. It was probably just some designer’s idea.

4. Maggie says:

not likely. gaga is more educated in music than you realize.

5. lauren says:

the jacket was purchased at Search & destroy in nyc , it’s confirmed according to perez hilton.com She’s a p-p-p-poser face afterall. So much for the hope that she knew good music…..wrong again.

6. Don Rodriguez says:

Most of those girls aren’t real prisoners either.

7. gutter says:

lets see.. icons of filth,doom,G.I.S.M., and distraught. Sakevi’s gunna either rip off her nuts tear her syphilitic vagina to peices. I’d pay to see that.

8. Marko says:

Sakevis flamethrower is not going to do anything, because he’s a lame pussyfooter and Lady Gaga is fucking awesome! SHE IS OUT OF REACH!!! HEIL LADY GAGA!!!

9. gutter says:

Sakevi can leave a gism on me any day if you catch my drift <3
    no need to bash anyone just cuz you feel threatened. — Whatever think gagas awesome that's great for you and im gunna let you finish.. but that doesn't denote anybody elses awesomeness. I'm just gunna continue thinking she's a hack and a complete rip-off.

if she goes missing you know the yakuza got her. Can we see some beast arts artwork of her severed head on a pole yet? k thanks.

10. Anita C. says:

Ended up here searching for some thing entirely different, but turned out to be an interesting read anyway, so I guess sometimes it’s ok that you can’t use a search engine properly.

11. casey says:

what the hell is wrong with you people, “I hope she’s exposed to real prison rape, and then a meat grinder.” and as for the GISM reference to ‘tearing her syphilitic vagina to peices’ those lyrics were written about the Vietnam war and the US army raping Vietnamese woman. ‘Gutter’ and ‘Matt’ are full of crap, twisting lyrics so they can talk shit. dumb!!!!

12. hater says:

now all you retarded lady gaga fans gonna buy gism records or what? more flamethrowers for sakevi and more burnt faces for fashion victims.

13. Devin Weiss says:

I start reading rumours everywhere you go, that very little in Drag queen Gaga is unique and that she is usually a copycat :-( I nonetheless really like Lady Gaga coZ she roCks!!

14. LiL GaGa says:

LADY GAGA IS MORE PUNK THAN ALL OF YOU. SHE HAS MORE PUNK SHIRTS AND JACKETS THAN ALL OF YOU COMBINES. YOU ARE ALL POOR. SHE IS RICH. SHE CAN BUY PUNK STUFF AND HAS 100 MORE PUNK POINTS THAN YOU!

15. daniel says:

lil gaga u make me sick with what u jus said about my subculture. just go die

16. daniel is a dumbass says:

daniel you are a faggot you should go die.

17. Sue says:

I simply love lady Gaga…she’s not only very talented, she has a BIG heart too… she never forgets to help other people who are in great need like the victims in Haiti…

18. Grady Boney says:

I adore Lady GaGa, but does she belong on the most influential list?

19. haus of satan says:

jacket is from a member of haus of gaga, people who design her stuff.
    pretty sure she listened to the bands,she likes hard music,and is more clever then just wear something in a clip without knowing what it is.
    i love lady gaga
    also pretty sure the guys from doom and sakevi are just amused :)

20. I truly love Lady Gaga. Contrary to most products called artists out there Gaga really has talant. Her performances and costumes are all top notch. Hope i can see her live again soon
    Love Jenn
    angry smiley

21. Rick says:

That is my friend Chris’ jacket. He sold it to Search and Destroy in NYC years ago. I her people bought if for 4 times what they gave him.

22. Valerie N. Blackwell says:

Hey this is a pretty good article on the subject, including an interview with the director: http://terrorpeople.org/?p=372