Download: Prince Paul Presents Horror City

princepaulhorrorcity

How insane is it that dudes are just sitting on albums like this? Like, what does RZA have in the vaults? Did he really lose everything in that flood? What is Pete Rock hiding under his MPC? Consider this post a plea to every awesome producer from 1988-1996 to unleash every song they were never able to get out into the world when they wanted to. Prince Paul has done his part with this Horror City record, which falls chronologically after The Gravediggaz’ 6 feet Deep but before Prince Paul left the group and RZA took up production duties, which is basically just a nerdy way of saying that if you liked what Prince Paul was doing in the mid-’90s (um, inventing horrorcore?), then this is the record for you. After the jump, read some background from Paul on the record.

Download: Prince Paul Presents Horror City

A word from the producer …. Horror City 1995 P.Paul

This was a project that I wanted to put together with Amityville MC legend Superstar . as I thought about it more I wanted to recruit more Mcs we knew to make it diverse . Superstar already had the name “Horror City” so wen recorded under that name . This project was recorded right after the first Gravedigga album ” 6ft deep”in 1995 . I shopped the demo but unfortunately it got looked over and never got signed . I sat on this project for a while but it always had a dear place in my heart because I thought it was really good and the talent was there . I stripped some of the music from the demo and put it on ” a prince among thieves” and actually had a few of the guys perform on the ” Thieves ” album as well but to be honest I always liked these originals better . So now I have decided share these songs with all of you because holding on to them made no sense .. why not share great music . Hopefully you the listener will enjoy this project as much as I do . please share it , thats why I made this for free download . For more group info please log on to Facebook for a proper bio of “Horror City “

POSTED June 23, 2010 12:00PM IN MP3 / STREAMS Comments (13) TAGS: ,

COMMENTS

1. No Neon says:

The zip file is password protected????

2. Sam Hockley-Smith says:

Hmmm—really? I Just tested it again, and it worked fine.

3. bryan says:

tried it too, password protected

4. Sam Hockley-Smith says:

Weird. I switched out the link. Should work now.

5. bg1 says:

Prince Paul is always amazing. I don’t think he gets enough credit for the amazing work that he has done over the years. I hope he drops some more gems soon.

6. JL says:

Rza had a flood?? That was Q-Tip, playboy. Some new jacks writing on here…

7. Sam Hockley-Smith says:

@JL: Check again. RZA lost 100+ beats in the mid-’90s to a flood in his basement. It’s supposedly the reason why Inspectah Deck’s Uncontrolled Substance was delayed until ’99.

8. i downloaded that says:

…lovin this album – it’s just made my year. Prince Paul is one of my favourite producers (if not my favourite.) also, anyone know about the stuff Prince Paul done with Mr Dead? or where i can get hardcopies of that material (if there are any?)

in addition, didn’t Q-Tips house burn down? (i’m sure i read about some sort of appeal for folk to send him records they had doubles/spare copies of…)

peace

9. word says:

shit is flavas no question. producers from then need to do the same. you can only imagine the unreleased shit these niggas have. and can easily put it out. nufff respect to prince paul

10. micha says:

just when i asked myself which album to play next. thanks!

next nice surpise after the dipset reunion (http://schakkerhart.com/2010/06/dipset-back-together-camron-jim-jones-juelz-santana-salute/)

11. Pingback: So Much Silence

12. tom says:

where can I get aah’s and ooh’s from? i know it was out on vinyl but I cant find it anywhere. people arent gonna sell that really! cant even buy a download anywhere.

anyone know?