ASAP Rocky Signs to a Major Label

ASAPROCKY

Very quickly up from the underground, everyone’s favorite Rick Owens booster ASAP Rocky has officially signed to a major label, Polo Grounds Music/RCA under the giant 550 Madison Avenue monolith of Sony. Though he seemed to be doing just fine on his own, Rocky issued a statement saying that he wants him and his crew to be famous and have a lot of power, he just needed some help: “I feel great about the new deal; I believe it was destined and with a label like Polo Grounds & RCA behind me I don’t see anything stopping us. I wanted go with the right partner that can help get a bigger platform to get me and my A$AP crew’s music and movement out. I expect to be in the same league as today’s most relevant artists, and there are just some things you can’t do on your own. The plan is to not only release great music, culture, and style for myself and A$AP worldwide, but to also be the next major artist/exec in the business and make great businessmen out of my brothers.”

POSTED October 14, 2011 12:45PM IN MUSIC NEWS Comments (14) TAGS: ,

COMMENTS

1. ASAPOFWGKTA says:

I cant listen to hiim now since he’s mainstream and shit smh…
    soon as they sign to a major its over

2. Borat says:

A we wa wa wo

3. Cee says:

A name like “ASAPOFWGKTA” and you’re worried about being mainstream. Get your head out your ass, bro. Be happy a young black male even got on.

4. Mike says:

@ASAPOFWGKTA
    I hate people like you, you honestly never liked the music if you really just decided to stop being a fan because of a record signing. You hype beast. I know the ASAP crew gon keep it trill record deal or not. They’re just getting their paper now.

5. Earthbound says:

Artists gotta grow, I dig it.

@ASAPOFWGKTA … guess you gotta start using a new name eh?

6. Alexis says:

Nothing but respect for this guy. It’s been a while since I’ve been this excited for a new artist in rap, mostly because he is ambitious in other pursuits as well. I wish him and those dear to him all the best.

7. Pingback: ASAP Rocky inks new deal with major label « WECU

8. shuttyy says:

@MIKE i hate people that hate people because they dont understand that an artist being underground and unknown to the masses (lot of lames in the masses by the way) has an appeal that betters way one can enjoy the music. SO FUCK OFF MIKE!

9. Sordid Puppy says:

ALL HATE EVERYTHING

10. Pingback: [VIDEO] ASAP Rocky Performs At The Creators Project « WE ARE PMG!

11. Pingback: ASAP Rocky House Freestyle (Video) | GoodMusicAllDay.com

12. Pingback: Drake Tour Dates 2011 - Club Paradise Tour Dates | SeatGeek Blog

13. Pingback: ASAP Rocky Speaks on Issues With Odd Future. Is He Copying Their Style? | mostlyjunkfood.com

14. Pingback: DUBBEL DUTCH – HYMN EP + UNKNOWN THE UNKNOWN MIX | Wastechester