Donatella Versace Talks Notorious BIG

tumblr_lkr9jd1fIE1qfw216

After years of Notorious BIG rapping about and wearing Versace, Donatella Versace breaks her silence and returns the love about her fashion brand’s biggest fan in a conversation with Nicki Minaj in the December/January issue of Interview Magazine. For FADER’s Icon issue celebrating Biggie, we commissioned the above illustration from Stacey Rozich to communicate their implicit connection. But, here, Donatella confirms that the love was mutual:

I think Biggie was amazing. He came to my shows in Paris many times, and we’d see each other often. He always used to talk so nicely about my family. I think he was so smart, so intelligent. He had such a mind. So I loved what he was doing and how he was giving people a way to know about Versace—I do think he was giving people a way to know about Versace—I do think a lot of people started to know about Versace because of him.

POSTED November 29, 2011 5:52PM IN STYLE NEWS Comments (24) TAGS: , , ,

COMMENTS

1. FLIP says:

Tattoo tears of joy

2. Pingback: Donatella Versace Talks Notorious BIG | Blue Meanie .me

3. Pingback: Donatella Versace Says The Notorious B.I.G. Was "Amazing" | The Tanning of America

4. Pingback: Rap Radar :: Dontella Versace On B.I.G.

5. Pingback: Donatella Versace On B.I.G. | Hip hop music

6. Pingback: Donatella Versace talks The Notorious B.I.G. | HYPETRAK

7. Pingback: World Music News » Blog Archive » Donatella Versace Says Notorious B.I.G. Was ‘Amazing’

8. Pingback: Donatella Versace Says Notorious B.I.G. Was ‘Amazing’ | DJ VENOM – THE OFFICIAL WEBSITE – ENTERTAINMENT NEWS, MUSIC, EVENTS & MORE!!!

9. Pingback: Donatella Recognises Biggie Smalls Made Versace Popular | Miss Bernie J

10. Pingback: Donatella Versace Talks Biggie Smalls | Hypebeast

11. erek says:

Really….Really Donatella…Really…Trying to get black folks into H&M to buy some mass market Versace..Really? Using B.I.G. for sales…You wasn’t at the wake or the funeral but using him is very tasteless and tacky like that jacket you had Kanye rock at the Victoria Secret Show (which also used Black entertainers) to get blacks to buy product. Always when sales don’t look good ..”turn to the minorities to bring us up” like slavery and exploitation. Look at all these companies targeting minorities and women to get sales( especially blacks and hispanics). Jenny from the block rocking a Gucci Fiat? She lives in Miami and rocks a pearl bentley. Soap Box Closed

12. Pingback: “Biggie Came To My Shows In Paris Many Times & We’d See Each Other Often” | Cash Money Artists

13. Pingback: Donatella Versace Bigs Up B.I.G.

14. Pingback: Donatella Versace Says Notorious B.I.G. Was ‘Amazing’ | Hollywood 1

15. Pingback: Donatella Versace On B.I.G. | Style and Hip Hop Online Magazine

16. Pingback: Donatella Versace On B.I.G.! | GiDiLIVE: The Perfect Stop For The Latest Entertainment News

17. Pingback: MORNING TEA | MissCaseyCarter.com

18. Jay says:

Erek called it exactly as it is. No further comment required.

19. C’mon son, B.I.G never went to Paris

20. bakayoko says:

how many times was big in europe? he was playing amsterdam with big l once,also he went to london to promote “life after death”, ive never heard that he was in paris multiple times though………

21. ms5star1231 says:

My honest opinion I think Donatello Versace is using Notorious B.I.G name in a way to capitalize on the market trying to target more blacks. Biggie has been dead for years now how come all of a sudden she decides to talk about him? I find that to be quite strange these are things she should of said to him when he was alive.

22. Mary Boyd says:

I can’t understand how Donatello Versace all of a sudden claims Biggie Smalls did so much her brand by rapping about Versace in his songs, and that she really appreciates it so much. Why would you wait until he’s no longer here to say this why not when he was alive?

23. Chris Ventura says:

I’m not mad at her at all. Designer clothing has been worn by all types of artists, and rappers not just BIGGIE. He and Nas, and Jay-Z, 50 cent, Dr.Dre etc..the list goes on influence the hood, when it comes to clothing styles, brands,shoes, head phones, liquors and sneakers. And all of these artist promote their own interests and their own brands/images. So yes Versace is capitalizing of people that can’t afford these items but the Artists are just as guilty for promoting it. But they go hand in hand, and boost sales for each other. They are all a part of the bigger picture. Stop pointing fingers. They will continue to sing about it promote it and love it. So don’t just get mad at Gucci, Prada, Fendi, or Versace..lol..smh. Don’t forget about the cars too, Beamer, Benz, Bently, Bugatti, Maybach..etc..Hate on all of them. `peace

24. Pingback: Donatella talks Notorious BIG in the December/ January issue of Interview Magazine « HIP HOP MULA