Drake Confronts LA Face Tattoo Artist

drake-01

LA tattoo artist Kevin Campbell claims that Drake sent a security guard into his shop, Will Rise. Campell says that Drake stayed inside the car:

Campbell’s dispute with Drake started when he gave a woman a gnarly “DRAKE” tattoo on her forehead. Afterward, Campbell told VICE that he felt only kind of bad and wasn’t a fan of Drake’s:

My whole deal with people wanting completely outrageous and potentially life-ruining tattoos is this: I’ll ask them three times if they really think it’s a good idea, I tell them what the potential consequences of getting a tattoo on their face might be, and after that, the bad decision is on them. I believe that people get the tattoos that they deserve…I guess I feel bad that this dumbass got the name of the softest motherfucker in hip-hop tattooed on her forehead. But what makes that any less valid of a tattoo to her?… I lost a little sleep over it that first night, wondering if I wanted to be known as the asshole who tattooed “DRAKE” on some crackhead’s forehead.

When asked about the tattoo before his visit to the shop, Drake called Campbell a dick. “The guy who tatted it is a fuckin asshole, though. I don’t fuck with that guy,” he said. “Fuck you to that tattoo artist because you’re an asshole. You should lose your job and never do tattoos again. And I don’t fuck with you and if I see you, I’ma fuck you up.”

POSTED January 12, 2012 7:05PM IN MUSIC NEWS Comments (23) TAGS: ,

COMMENTS

1. So… did the bodyguard lay hands on him or something? I’m confused…

2. Jazmine says:

This is an embarrassment. So the security guard asked him if he had a “problem”? Drake is the one who threatened HIM. All the tat artist did was say if Drake wants to fight, he’d gladly fight them.

Drake needs to stop the tough talk and just sit down somewhere before he ruins himself. He’s really been poppin off at the mouth lately. SMH

3. Anne says:

You should change your headline. Drake didn’t “confront” anyone–he had his security do it apparently!

Pitiful story considering he is the one who wanted to fight.

4. Rhianon says:

Good on Drake for wanting to knock this guy’s head off – He is absolutely right in everything he says, this tattooist has essentially taken advantage of this girl, taken her money when she is not fit of mind to be making a life changing descision like this (which he freely admits) and admits to not having his client’s be interests at heart.
    I am glad Drake had something to say about it publicly. Who would want anything to do with this tattooist/parasite anyway? Good on him for not resorting to violence.

5. bk says:

Drake is an internet thug.

6. dick says:

LOL who cares what the artist did its the girls fault in the fist place and besides its funny plus drakes just a bitch waiting to get fucked

7. Brian says:

When did Fader lower their reporting standard to those of TMZ? Well done guys.

8. Thomas says:

I’m 12 years old and what is this?

9. Dee says:

The artist is a FUCKING DEUCH BAG!!! Stupid move… He shoulda denied the crazy broad service. He is entitled to do so. On the other hand…. THE FUCKIN BROAD who did it IS CLEARLY MENTALLY UNSTABLE! I mean if ur a FAN… U didn’t impress ANYONE… U made ur self look like a Clown FOREVER! #SMH… I’m a BIG Drake Fan and a BIGGER Tattoo fan… But this goes beyond being a dumb ass empty headed moron… There aren’t enough words…

10. Todd says:

If Drake stayed in the car that’s too funny haha, actually this whole situation is funny. What a stupid ass tattoo.

11. Everyone says:

Shocking that the “big Drake fan” is backing Drake. Again, this is the reason why people hate Drake..not because he’s “emotional”, it’s because he’s a bitch. He doesn’t make grown man music, he makes middle school girl relationship music.

12. Tattoo says:

Two things:

1. Most any self-respecting tattoo artist would not tattoo someone’s face if that person has never had a tattoo before. If this girl had no prior tattoos, than this tattoo artist isn’t a very respectable tattooist.

2. My heart goes out to this girl. If she was on a trip, I cannot even imagine how bad that trip ended for her. This seems to infer that she was high, and that Kevin Campbell certainly had a notion that she was: “She was on a pretty good one when she came in, but I think by the time I finished she was coming down, because her attitude changed pretty drastically once the tattoo was finished.”

Respectable tattooists actually have concerns for their customers. That may sound trite, but that’s what makes a profession reputable. That there is a standard of goodwill to those you serve.

P.S. with regards to the Drake and this confrontation. I don’t know what happened, but I am certainly not going to take the tattooist’s word for it, this is the same guy who tattooed a life-altering tattoo on a girl who was “on a pretty good one when she came in”.

13. Vice President of Admissions, Drake University, Des Moines, Iowa says:

Give us a call, young lady!

14. tattoo says:

Despite the whole Drake bullshit, This tattoo artist is a scumbag. Knowingly tattooing someones face who’s “an obvious crack head” just shows complete lack of etiquette and respect for his cliental. Then He goes and contacts Vice magazine to make a stink about his bitch fest with Drake over his own horrendous deed? Pathetic.

15. Common4President says:

Fuck Drake, his name is Aubrey…. That’s one sweet hoe ass nigga, fake ass internet thug…. The tattoo artist should walked right outside to that bitch and said “Fuck you!!!!” Then walked right back in a finished working. Send security in because your shook, that’s a bitch ass move… You Aubrey Graham fans might as well be fans of Justin Beiber(He’s more thugged out lol)

16. Eric Hopkins says:

The shit we do in the US like why would you ever tattoo somebodies name on your face period! She had to be on her third rock. I can’t blame the tattoo artist that’s his job…We got to do better people smh! Yea i really dont understand why he sent a body guard that is real bitch like.

17. Ross says:

Man people are just going head over heels with tattoos and shit. This is ridiculous

18. WNDRKND says:

Wait… What the fuck happened?

19. TheMFK says:

DRAKE IS Gay for not going in Himself FAGGET RAPPERS SEND THERE GOONS

20. drake is a fag says:

Man this proves how much Drake is just a fat pussy. The only time that fool has seen any thug type of shit go down us when his bitch ass got shot on a teenager drama called Degrassi. I wonder if he had to suck off Lil Wayne to get on to Cash Money….then again its not that hard. For the tattoo artist it was unprofessional but if some dumb hoe wanted a wack artist tattooed on her forehead ,I would of done after releasing myself from liability .

21. Devil Dog says:

we commend this women for her delicious taste in Drake’s Cakes. we would be pleased to have her stick a couple ring dings on her funny bones and gladly pay to have a tattoo of an ‘S’ added to her forehead

22. tyyra says:

I am a fan of Drake but that tattoo looks STUPID!!!!!!!! But the way i look at it is that one day she may want it off her face and it’s not like she can take an eraser and just rub it out…. dumb move girl…..it’s so dumb it makes me laugh…..

23. Pingback: Drake Squashes Beef With L.A. Tattoo Artist | The Word Eye Heard