• All genres
    • Electronic
    • R&B
    • Hip-Hop
    • Rock

Rumors Fly After Lil Wayne Hospitalized For Seizures

Update 3/19/2013: Lil Wayne has been released from the hospital, according to YMCMB label boss (and Wayne's childhood friend) Mack Maine. "Thanks to Cedar Sinai for everything!!! @LilTunechi has been officially been released and is headed home....God is great," Maine wrote on Twitter last night.


Update 3/18/2013: In a call with Hot 97's Angie Martinez this afternoon, Birdman said Lil Wayne only suffered one seizure last week, on Tuesday, and that it was not drug-related. TMZ reports that Wayne has been moved out of intensive care. Birdman confirmed that doctors have prescribed meds and rest, and that he'll likely leave the hospital soon:

He's doing much better. He had a seizure, he's been in the hospital since Tuesday…He's in good shape right now…It didn’t have nothing to do with drugs. No such thing like that. To me, it’s how he works. He works around the clock, he’s just a hard grinder for this music. But it wasn’t nothing about no drugs. He just needs to get some rest and relax…He's never been about to die or nothing like that, never was like that…It's like the second or third time [he's had a seizure.]…I really couldn't tell you [what triggers it]. It's nothing that they could cure. It's out of our control, it's something we have to live with and maintain…[Wayne will probably go home] today or tomorrow.


Update 3/18/2013: Lil Wayne remains in intensive care at LA's Cedars-Sinai hospital, TMZ reports. The rapper, admitted to the ICU this past Wednesday after a series of seizures, is reportedly "surrounded by friends and family," visitors Drake, Nicki Minaj and Birdman among them.


Previously: Twitter was set ablaze with speculation Friday evening as TMZ reported that Lil Wayne was in critical condition after suffering another round of seizures. The gossip site originally stated Wayne was found convulsing in his hotel room after a "Sizzurp binge," and was placed in a medically-induced coma in the ICU at L.A.'s Cedars-Sinai Hospital, where he was first admitted on Tuesday.

Mack Maine was the first from Weezy's camp to dispel the rumors, tweeting that Lil Wayne was fine and watching the Syracuse-Georgetown basketball game. A tweet was also sent from Lil Wayne's account stating "I'm good everybody. Thx for the prayers and love."

Wayne's publicist has since confirmed that he is "doing well" and "recovering," and TMZ has deleted mention of Wayne receiving "last rites." Details are developing.

Rumors Fly After Lil Wayne Hospitalized For Seizures