Berlin Community Radio is home to a cool, inclusive roster of shows—listen for a month and you'll hear programmes from musicians such as Laurel Halo and rRoxxymore, as well as queer festival promotors Yo! Sissy, and electronic label Blackest Ever Black.
Today, Berlin Community Radio launches a project called BCR Incubator, which will offer mentorship programs to four emerging electronic music artists. The focus is particularly on artists who are underrepresented in the music industry, such as WOC, queer trans POC, and artists with immigrant backgrounds.
Enter before April 25 for a chance to win the following:
- One month BCR radio residency
- Live performance at BCR’s Club Of The Month
- Master, mix, release your music
- Mentorship program with a BCR affiliated producer of your choice
- Ableton Live 9 full license and individual specialist training
- Access to Handwerk Audio Studio with sound engineer assistance
- Press photoshoot
- International PR and press campaign
- Full promotional campaign across BCR social media channels
A jury of the following will select the four acts to be awarded mentorships: rRoxxymore (BCR), Tabitha Thorlu-Bangura (NTS), Frankie Hutchinson (Discwoman), Soraya Brouwer (Truants), Anastazja Moser (BCR), and Sarah Miles (BCR).
To be eligible for entry you must live in Berlin, and have made at least one track already that's online. Residencies will take place from May—September 2016.