Now that blogging has become a viable occupation that pays people actual government-issued money, we decided to take it to the next level and reward a lucky someone for sitting around making music playlists. Armchair DJs, here's your chance to shine: The Hennessy Artistry Tour is an experience that is all about blending—unique blends are Hennessy's forte, and nobody blends better than Hennessy. The Artistry experience is deeply rooted in the multicultural mishmash of music, art, fashion, dance, the Internet and overall culture, so we want to know how you interpret our multifaceted world on your headphones. We're asking you to lock in your A-game and send in your best, most creative blended playlist (artist names and corresponding song titles only) of hip-hop, R&B, soul, Bmore club, outré basement beats, anything with some bounce to it. The FADER & Suite903 editorial staff will review every single playlist with our discerning minds and choose the best one. The obsessive music head with the winning playlist will receive a trip for two to NYC to attend the Hennessy Artistry Halo event, starring Common and The Roots! You'll get a hotel too, we don't have enough room on our couches for you. Send your entries to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Full contest rules after the jump, and make sure to visit thefader.com/hennessyartistry09 to see what people are saying on Twitter about Hennessy Artistry.
THE FADER & HENNESSY ARTISTRY CONTEST 2009
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS CONTEST. PURCHASE DOES NOT IMPROVE CHANCES OF WINNING. Only open and offered to legal residents of the United except residents of California who are at least 21 years of age or older at time of entry. Void in California, Puerto Rico, Guam and the U.S. Virgin Islands and where prohibited by law. ALL ENTRIES FROM TENNESSEE RESIDENTS MUST BE ON AN OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM AND MAILED IN. Moet Hennessy USA, Inc. and The FADER, Inc. (each, a “Sponsor” and collectively, the “Sponsors”), their respective parent companies or any of their respective affiliated or subsidiary companies, and advertising and promotional agencies are not eligible to participate, Licensed alcohol beverage wholesalers and retailers, their employees and immediate families or household members are also not eligible to participate. Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. By participating in this Contest, entrants agree to these Official Rules available at www.thefader.com/hennessyartistry.
2. Contest Period: Contest begins at 12:00:01 a.m. Pacific Standard Time (PST) on ______________ and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. PST on _____________ (the “Contest Period”). Sponsor’s computer is the official time keeping device for this Promotion.
3. To Enter: During the Contest period, visit www.thefader.com/hennessyartistry where you will see the following details: “Now that blogging has become a viable occupation that pays people actual government issued money, we decided to take it to the next level and reward a lucky someone for sitting around making music playlists. Armchair DJs, here's your chance to shine: The Hennessy Artistry Tour is an experience that is all about blending--unique blends are Hennessy's forte, and nobody blends better than Hennessy. The Artistry experience is deeply rooted in the multicultural mishmash of music, art, fashion, dance, the Internet and overall culture, so we want to know how you interpret our multifaceted world on your headphones. We're asking you to lock in your A-game and send in your best, most creative blended playlist (artist names and corresponding song titles only) of hip-hop, R&B, soul, Boore club, outre basement beats, anything with some bounce to it. The FADER & Suite903 editorial staff will review every single playlist with our discerning minds and choose the best one. The obsessive music head with the winning playlist will receive a trip for two to NYC to attend the Hennessy Artistry Halo, starring Common and The Roots! You'll get a hotel too, we don't have enough room on our couches for you. Send your entries to: Contests@thefader.com.” Entrants are required to complete the following information: full name, complete mailing address, email address, phone, and age. Entries via Internet must be received and recorded by Sponsors’ computer during the Contest Period. In the event of a dispute over the identity of an online entrant, entry will be deemed submitted by the authorized account holder of the e-mail account of the e-mail address submitted at time of entry. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person who is assigned to the email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization that is responsible by assigning email address or the domain associated with the submitted email address. Multiple participants are not permitted to share the same email address. For purposes of these Official Rules, “receipt” of an online entry occurs when the www.thefader.com/hennessyartistry servers record the receipt of the email sent to email@example.com. Any automated computer receipt (such as one confirming delivery of the e-mail) does not constitute proof of actual receipt by Sponsor of an online entry for purposes of these Official Rules. Entrants represent and warrant that their Contest submission is the original work of such entrant, it has not been copied from others, and it does not violate the rights of any other person or entity. Duplicate entries for the same individual will be disqualified. All entries become the property of Sponsors and will not be acknowledged or returned. Please see the “Additional Rules” section below for other important requirements.
4. Selection of Prize Winners: All entries will be judged by a panel of FADER Editors, who are experts in the field of music, based on the following criteria: Originality (how fresh, new and innovative the song selections are) (50%), (ii) Blendability (how the diverse music selected fits together) (50%). The potential Grand Prize winner will be selected on or about ___________. The decisions of the judging panels are final and binding on all matters relating to this Contest. The potential winners will be notified by e-mail or phone on or about ______________ and will be given instructions on how to claim prize. Winner may not substitute, assign or transfer a prize or redeem a prize for cash, but Sponsor reserves right to substitute a prize or any portion of a prize with a prize of equal or greater value if a prize cannot be awarded for any reason.
5. Prize/Odds: Grand Prize (1): A trip for two (2) persons (Prize winner and a companion) for a trip to New York, New York and access to attend the Hennessy Artistry HALO event scheduled for October 8, 2009. Actual date is subject to change at any time. Trip consists of round trip coach air transportation from major airport nearest Grand Prize winner’s place of residence to La Guardia or John F. Kennedy Airport, hotel accommodations (double occupancy) and hotel accommodations for two (2) nights. If the prize winner’s primary residence is within 100 miles of the event location, the Sponsor reserves the right to substitute air transportation with a car service or other ground transportation to the location. Prize winner and a companion must travel under the same itinerary and both must be 21 years of age or older. The winner and companion will each receive a meal per diem of $40/per day (in the form of a check). All additional expenses associated with the Grand Prize including but not limited to incidentals, meals, ground transportation, federal, state and local sales or other taxes and surcharges are the responsibility of the Grand Prize winner, unless otherwise set forth in the Official Rules. Reservations and airline tickets are non-refundable for cash or credit, non-transferable and non-changeable once issued. If lost, tickets will not be replaced. Approximate retail value (ARV) of Grand Prize: $2,000. Odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible entries received. The difference between any stated value and actual value will not be awarded to the winner. If winner cannot accept a prize as stated, prize will be forfeited in its entirety and awarded to an alternate winner. Upon prize forfeiture, no compensation will be given.
6. Release of Liability: By participating, you release Sponsors and their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, employees, directors, and agents, including advertising agencies, from any and against any and all injury, loss or damage caused or claimed to be caused by your participation in the Contest and/or the acceptance, awarding, receipt, use and/or misuse of the prize, and you release Sponsors and their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, directors, employees and agents, and all others associated with the development and execution of this Contest from any such liability and agree that these entities are in no matter responsible for any warranty, representation, or guarantee, expressed or implied, in fact or in law, relating to the promotion and/or the awarding of any prize. Notwithstanding the foregoing, in the event that the preceding release is determined by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid or void for any reason, Contest entrant agrees that, by entering the Contest, (i) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or in connection with the Contest, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually without resort to any form of class action; (ii) any claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering the Contest, but in no event attorney’s fees; and (iii) under no circumstances will any entrant be permitted to obtain any award for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental or consequential damages and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased and any other damages, other than damages for actual out-of-pocket expenses.
7. Additional Rules: By participating in the Contest, you (i) agree to be bound by these Official Rules, including all eligibility requirements, and (ii) agree to be bound by the decisions of Sponsors, which are final and binding in all matters relating to the Contest. Failure to comply with these official rules may result in disqualification from the Contest. Sponsors reserve the right to: (i) permanently disqualify from any Contest it sponsors any person it believes has intentionally violated these official rules; and (ii) suspend, modify or terminate the Contest if Sponsors believe, in their sole discretion, that malfunction, error, disruption or damage is impairing or will impair the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper play of the Contest. If Contest is terminated before the end date, Sponsors will determine the winners according to the judging criteria set forth above from all eligible entries received as of the termination date. Entry constitutes consent to the use of prize winner's name, playlist, picture and/or likeness without compensation for promotion purposes.
9. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: Releasees are not responsible for lost, late, misdirected, incomplete, non-delivered, postage due, illegible, or unintelligible entries, mail or email; or for interrupted or unavailable satellite, network, server, Internet Service Provider (ISP), Web site, telephone or other connections, availability or accessibility, or miscommunications, or failed computer, satellite or cable transmissions, or lines, or technical failure or jumbled, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected transmissions, or computer hardware or software malfunctions, failures or difficulties, or other errors of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic or network or the incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry or other information or the failure to capture, or loss of, any such information. Persons who tamper with or abuse any aspect of this Contest, as solely determined by the Sponsors, will be disqualified. Entries generated by a robotic, programmed, script, macro or other automated means will be disqualified. Releasees are not responsible for injury or damage to participants' or to any other person's computer related to or resulting from participating in this Contest or downloading materials from or use of the Web site. Should any portion of Contest be, in Sponsors’ sole opinion, compromised by virus, worms, bugs, non-authorized human intervention or other causes which, in the sole opinion of the Sponsors, corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness or proper play, or submission of entries, Sponsors reserve the right at its sole discretion to suspend, modify, or terminate the Contest, and select winners from entries received prior to action taken or as otherwise deemed fair and appropriate by the Sponsors. Releasees are not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by Web site users, tampering, hacking, or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest, and assume no responsibility for any error, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation, or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction, or unauthorized use to this Web site. In case of dispute, the authorized subscriber of the email account used to enter the Promotion at the actual time of entry will be deemed to be the participant, and must comply with these Official Rules. Authorized account subscriber is the natural person who is assigned the e-mail address by the Internet Service Provider (ISP), on-line service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses. Sponsors are not responsible for printing errors in these Official Rules or any promotion materials.
IN NO EVENT WILL RELEASEES, BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE WEB SITE OR DOWNLOADING FROM AND/OR PRINTING MATERIAL DOWNLOADED FROM WWW.THEFADER.COM/HENNESSYARTISTRY OR ANY OTHER WEB SITE ASSOCIATED WITH THIS CONTEST. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, EVERYTHING ON THE WEB SITE IS PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. CHECK YOUR LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS.
10. LEGAL WARNING: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN INDIVIDUAL, WHETHER OR NOT AN ENTRANT, TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE, DESTROY, TAMPER OR VANDALIZE THE CONTEST WEBSITE OR INTERFERE WITH THE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST, IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL & CIVIL LAWS AND SPONSORS RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES AND DILIGENTLY PURSUE ALL REMEDIES AGAINST ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
11. Winner’s Name: For the name of the winner (available after____________) send a stamped, self-addressed envelope to:
FADER & HENNESSY Artistry Contest
71 West 23rd St., 13th floor
New York, New York 10010
MOET HENNESSY USA, Inc.
85 Tenth Avenue
New York, NY 10011
THE FADER, Inc.
71 West 23rd Street, Floor
New York, NY 10010