With his new remix, San Francisco's acclaimed Dirtybirder Claude VonStroke grabs London Grammar's "Strong" by the shoulders and sends the song back the way it came. The original's chorus—Yeah, I might seem so strong/ Yeah, I might speak so long/ I've never been so wrong—points to fights best made up by touching, but the song's downhearted piano suggests, to me, the devastated walking away; VonStroke's smooth bass helps you sidle back up. His take is out today on iTunes, part of a second EP's worth of remixed of the band's debut album, If You Wait. This fall, London Grammar heads out on a stateside tour; save the dates below.
- 11/07 – 9:30 Club – Washington, D.C.
- 11/08 – Electric Factory – Philadelphia, PA
- 11/11 – Terminal 5 – New York, NY
- 11/12 – Port City Music Hall – Portland, ME
- 11/17 – House of Blues – Boston, MA
- 11/18 – Club Soda – Montreal, QC
- 11/19 – Danforth Music Hall – Toronto, ON
- 11/21 – Deluxe – Old National Center – Indianapolis, IN
- 11/22 – First Avenue – Minneapolis, MN
- 11/25 – Gothic Theatre – Englewood, CO
- 11/26 – In The Venue – Salt Lake City, UT
- 11/28 – Roseland Theater – Portland, OR
- 11/29 – Fox Theater – Berkeley, CA