Last night, Grimes revealed in some tweets to fans that her fourth studio album would be released this October. In subsequent replies, she shared more info about the album – here's what we know.
1. It's going to be a "surprise release."
We know it's coming out in October, but Grimes didn't elaborate on a specific date, stating that she'd rather have fans get it to before the press and hear all the tracks together. Just goes to show that release dates are still dead.
2. Every track is "super different."
And as a result, there are probably going to be two singles at the same (damn) time.
3. The new album is nothing like anything she's put out before.
When asked if the sound of the album would lean more towards her latest demo "REALiTi" or the Blood Diamonds-assisted "Go," Grimes responded "neither."
4. There will be "real instruments."
Electronics and synthesizers have always been Grimes' hallmarks, so this is exciting news.
5. If you're seeing her on tour this summer, you might catch some of these new tunes.
Grimes says the setlist for her tour opening for Lana Del Rey will feature ten new songs, with a different setlist for each city. Phew!