10 Songs You Need In Your Life This Week
Tracks we love right now. In no particular order.
1. Nicki Minaj flipped our favorite #1 hit "Black Beatles" into "Black Barbies." She said: "Why? Cuz 2 Lil black kids got the NUMBER 1 RECORD IN THE COUNTRY & I'm soooooo happy for Mike Will."
2. Buddy knows we all gotta die someday. "Shine" is a gorgeous hymn about celebrating life while we still have one.
3. It's incredible to hear Common's "Black America Again" get a Gucci Mane and Pusha T remix this week. Three musicians coming together for a message of unity.
4. The languid "Mamama" from Richmond's ot to, not to, a.k.a. Ian Mugerw, sounds like a blues song from the future, bursting with intensity.
5. Shy Glizzy's "Out The Block," is from last year, but it just got a video and we're glad to revisit Glizzy's soothing tones and Zaytoven's jaunty beat.
7. "My Sons" by Brooklyn rapper Siya is short, slow, and tough. It makes us wanna take it to the streets.
8. "Inherently Low," a frantic and frustrated new one by Memphis punks NOTS, makes us wanna stand up and fight, too.
9. Vibes are more important than ever right now. Jayda G provides an excess of good ones on the groovy "Listen Closely."
10. Dae Dae and London On Da Track are together again for "Dead Ass Wrong," a very wavy, very triumphant breakup track.