The press release that accompanied the announcement of Phoebe Bridgers and Conor Oberst's new band, Better Oblivion Community Center, was pretty much just a self-effacing Q&A. After a long winded question on the origin of the name that involved Google Translate and a cemetery, Phoebe responded with, "Do people care where the name came from?" Conor settled the debate by responding, "Nah." They had no intention of over-intellectualizing the process.
The FADER invited Phoebe and Conor to take themselves just as seriously as that press release for a game of Would You Rather.
This episode's questions include:
1. Be gossamer thin vs. Have emotional motion sickness
2. Wake up as a ghost on their birthdays vs. Only yell during conversations
3. Witness their births vs. Witness their deaths
4. Kick it with Drake vs. Kick it with Kanye West
5. Battle The Replacements vs. Play The Replacements in ping-pong
6. Watch porn of their parents vs. Watch porn with their parents
Watch the full interview above.