World Premiere! The FADER Issue #71: Lykke Li, Lil B & Young L + Odd Future

F71_F_covers_both

Hitting digital and physical newsstands on or before December 14th is our annual NOW Issue, featuring exclusive cover stories and features on our picks to set the pace for next year. Globetrotting pop phenomenon Lykke Li will release her second album next March, so we went to Stockholm while she put the finishing touches on it and got the straight story on its inspirations and heartbreaks. Lil B and Young L, along with California brethren Odd Future Wolf Gang Kill Them All, are rearranging rap on their own, sometimes perplexing terms, but we were able to wrangle everyone for a few minutes to set the record crooked on why the West Coast is ready for revolution again. We also jumped on the bus with The XX for a story on its near silent member, Jamie XX, to determine what he’s doing to change bedroom music for the club, or vice versa. And as always, we packed the remaining pages with the best and brightest for your future wishes and have plenty of exclusive video and web jams to go along with it all.

After the jump, grab each cover separately and keep your eyes peeled for FADER #71 coming soon.

FADER Issue 71 Lykke Li cover

FADER Issue 71 Lil B Young L cover

POSTED November 30, 2010 11:00AM IN MUSIC NEWS Comments (21) TAGS: , , , ,

COMMENTS

1. Vlad says:

aww shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

BASED.

2. Big 110 (FWY_LINE) says:

Based Swag… Lil B and Young L earned that shit… Good Shit.

3. Pingback: Lil B Covers The Fader Dec 2010/Jan 2011 Issue « illRoots

4. Pingback: The FADER Issue #71: Lykke Li, Lil B & Young L + Odd Future | ooloo clothing company ::: invented for the ingenious individual :::

5. Pingback: The FADER Cover #71 // Lykke Li, Lil B & Young L + Odd Future | A BIG CITY DIED

6. Thrasher says:

SWG! & BASED!

7. Pingback: LIL B & LYKKE LI ON FADER MAGAZINE - Babylon Cartel

8. @Andrew2800 says:

THE BASED GOD AND YOUNG LEN!!! DOING THIS DAMN THING!!! SWAGG WOO WOO WOO!!!

9. ppp says:

swag swag swag based god fuck all them fader dudes bitches

10. st0ner says:

YOUNG L AND LIL B. HOT DAMN.

11. Download says:

It is nice to listen to Lykke Li. I’m enjoying her first album Youth Novels right now at this very moment. I will certainly give her next project a listen. While I may have last a lot of interest in Hip Hop/R&B I do have some respect for Young L as a person. I found out via his Twitter @younglpack that he is actually taking college course which is admirable. I hope that whatever he is doing their will make a valuable contribution to society some day. Occasionally he is able to make a beat that is tolerable for someone outside of California. Sometimes I will even visit his website younglproductions.com/beats to listen to his work which is priced at anywhere between $300-$500 USD
    I might purchase this magazine just for the sake of seeing what absurdities Lil B has conjured up now. He may be weird, immature, misguided, confused and in need of serious spiritual advice but I’m sure he is going to make Soulja Boy a whole lot of money. For anyone that read my comment please take the time to download a mixtape by a friend of my named Sno. All you need to do is click name.

12. Download says:

13. BasedBoy says:

Im most def. copping this one :)

14. Rob Roast says:

Can we get Lil B and Flying Lotus to do a song together? Ambient hip hop.

15. Pingback: cracked atoms | Lil B x The Fader x Evil Red Flame (Mixtape)

16. Pingback: Catch-Up With Lil’ B « illRoots

17. Pingback: O fenômeno pop Lykke Li na Fader - teco apple | MTV Brasil

18. Pingback: Lykke Li, Lil B & Young L Cover The Fader December « Atmosphereklubb

19. stephanie says: