ASAP Rocky, “Out Of This World” MP3

ASAPROCKY

Coming off news of his (allegedly) big money RCA deal, Harlem’s next big hope lets loose this loosie. He sounds more self-aware than he ever has, namedropping more popular rappers who are now his competition and then ever so slightly exceeding their efforts on a technical level. His flow is just a little tighter than Drake’s, he projects just a little better than Wiz. Weirdly though, and maybe this is him rewriting his narrative in response to recent criticism, the track is wholly devoid of the sonic and thematic Southern influences that littered his most visible songs. The traces of his hometown Biggavelli/”Horse & Carriage” flat key sing-a-longs are also mostly absent. So this is just homeless fashion rap (that is to say fashionable rap that doesn’t have a home, not rap about the fashions of homeless people, which would probably be pretty great) but at least it’s well executed.

Download: ASAP Rocky, “Out Of This World”

POSTED October 18, 2011 6:40PM IN MP3 / STREAMS Comments (13) TAGS: ,

COMMENTS

1. strike_a_poseur says:

OMG, stop glorifying rappers like this kid. I saw him at The Creators Project and wanted to shoot myself. His performance was so bad people started walking out — and he was 45 minutes late. Better than Drake? Compared to Wu-Tang?

PLEASE TELL ME I AM GETTING PUNKED!!

2. Hey dere, Noz. I don’t have the Tumblr or the Twitter so I had to drop by here and let you know that Why You Do That is from 2007 and it even came out on 12″.via Asylum Records.

3. Hey dere, Noz. I don’t have the Tumblr or the Twitter so I had to drop by here and let you know that Why You Do That is from 2007 and it even came out on 12″.via Asylum Records.

4. fvckldotsdot says:

“if hip-hop is dead, fuck it let it rest…”
    wavy

5. Andrew Noz says:

“Better than Drake? Compared to Wu-Tang?”

I didn’t say either of these things. If you got punked it was only by your own comprehension.

6. asd says:

noz. sometimes you OD late night on twitter and its like “homie relax” but i really appreciate what you do here on fader. i read some of these other kids write ups on here and its a very “smh” type thing. but i always enjoy your insight, taste, etc. writing about hip hop on the internet aint childsplay.

7. pedro says:

BRING BACK CBLUNTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. strike_a_poseur says:

Noz, I should have been more clear; ASAP said he was being compared to Wu Tang when he was at The Creators Project.

The media is still punking people into liking extra dumb shit. Stop it!

9. Matthew Africa says:

“Out of This World” actually predates the deal and much of his buzz. I think it’s been out since May, if not longer.

Homeless fashion rap is a great tag, though.

10. Pingback: MP3-Alarm! | Die besten Downloads im Oktober - Leben mit Musik | AUFTOUREN.DE

11. ihate_chris says:

A$AP tryin’ to skip college and go straight to pros? he got this http://bit.ly/vQLUUS

12. Pingback: New York Un(w)rapped | trendcentral