1. "If I meet someone I respect or look up to, I will literally kiss their feet."
2. "The idea of exclusivity is a new colored people fountain."
3. (In reference to his past interviews) "I was using the wrong words, my rap was wrong. I was getting the drink thrown in my face instead of going home with the girl at the end of the night."
4. "I was like The 40 Year Old Virgin—or that other movie, with Ryan Gosling or something."
5. "Your egg, my semen."
6. "After I did the presentation in New York, I was able to get that alien out of my stomach."
7. "Raf is the most important designer to streetwear culture...What he did was like The College Dropout. Raf was like 808s...He delivered the answer. Bottom line."
8. (To Zane Lowe) "When you go to L.A., let's go furniture shopping."
9. "I'm way nicer to people in general...but when people start playing games, I stop... Any moment, I hit that 'Ye button. Right back to day 1."
10. "I liked songs like that when I was growing up. The type of chord changes Paul does, I don't even understand them...Meeting Paul McCartney is like meeting Ralph Lauren. The greatest of all time, period."
11. "Fusion is the future, period. The mixing of ideas, the two lunch tables working together. Humanity, period. We're one people."
12. (after crying about the passing of Louise Wilson) "That's never happened to me in an interview before."
13. "Innovation gets too much credit, in a way."
14. "I think people think that I pander to fashion...But I believe that the world can only be saved through design...Art is to be free. Design is to fix."
15. "What does Kanye West and Zane Lowe talk about? 'The Futch.'"
16. (On the power of rap) "We can deliver the moments that will flash in front of people's eyes right before they die. The soundtracks of their lives...Buildings bend in front of us. I've seen it...If you have that Walt Disney ability in some way, you have to apply it. You can't be psyched out. Everyone's on my side. I was in my own way, but everyone's on our side, and everything that I've said that will happen, will happen."
17. "Class is the new way to discriminate against people, to hold people down, to hold people in their place...to somehow say, 'This person right here means more than this person.'"
18. "My doorman is more important to me than the head of any company...He keeps me safe...My driver keeps me safe...He's more important than anyone who walks in that house and grabs a glass of champagne."
19. "I know I tweeted 'Black lives matter,' but all lives matter."
20. (On storming the Grammys stage when Beck won) "Everybody has a right to an opinion. Everybody has a right to be wrong...I expressed my opinion and I'll take the weight of it. Maybe I might've been wrong. [Laughs]...It's arguable that perhaps the album was better, but the Grammys sell commercial time...Every now and then, an Arcade Fire or Daft will win, but even a broke clock is right twice a day. And the Grammys are so twice a day, what do you do those other times?...The Grammys are not a pinnacle, they are an assistant...It's our Super Bowl, and I hadn't been in six years. The Grammys are definitely like an ex-girlfriend. As soon as you get in the car with them, you go right back home."
21. (On trying for more kids with Kim Kardashian) "I'm practicing really hard. I try as many times a day as I can. Nori, this one's for you. You need a sibling."
22. "You win or you learn."
23. (On his recent performances) "I feel like these are the performance versions of If You're Reading This, It's Too Late."
24. (On Drake) "That shit is good, yo...He's delivering a level of product to humanity that is of high quality. 80% of the time, works all the time. It works. That's it. I don't have any advice for this young man, but what I can say is, 'Run. Fly. Go as fast as you can. Don't stop. Any time I can be of any service, advice, whatever you need—confidential design advice, shoes you're doing over at the other company—anything we can collectively do to deliver more awesomeness to the world, as a team."
Lead image: Zane Lowe's Instagram