1. On "Flickering," his first single since singing to Tri Angle, Harlem artist serpentwithfeet sounds downright unearthly — especially alongside The Haxan Cloak's immersive, spiritual-feeling production.
2. Tyler The Creator came out of nowhere with this totally killer edit of Zayn's chart-topping "Pillowtalk," complete with harder-hitting drums, a funkier groove, and a few well-placed background ad-libs.
3. Australian DIY artist Katie Dey has a new full-length in the works, and if chaotic lead single "Fear O' The Light" is any kind of indication, it will be as demented and beautiful and impossible-to-classify as anything she's made before.
4. Show Me The Body's first full-length album dropped this week, seemingly out of the sky. The whole thing's restless and tense and very New York, but "Metallic Taste" might be a perfect song, from its opening banjo plucks to those energizing final chants.
5. Lil Durk has been unleashing jams from his impending Lil Durk 2X, and we like what we've heard so far. There was the bright-sounding Dej Loaf collab, and now we've got "Money Walk" with Memphis legend Yo Gotti.
6. PnB Rock keeps pounding out hits, one hook at a time. He's backed up by Sonny Digital's dark chords on "Bet On It," which only adds to the earworm's undeniable charm.
7. Alexandra Savior, a relatively new and relatively young singer from Portland, has already collaborated with Arctic Monkey's Alex Turner and Tame Impala's Cameron Avery. Her new solo song "Shades" — with its easygoing, retro feel — would fit snugly on a playlist alongside both of those bands.
8. Wedged in the middle of Chino Amobi's stirring new mix for Paper was this: a drop-dead gorgeous flip of Beyoncé's "Rocket," featuring sad strings, fluttering keys, and an introspective atmosphere that builds slowly.
Listen to Songs You Need In Your Life on Spotify: