The FADER's daily email newsletter is secretly one of the best things we publish. Subscribe here. Or if you're not sure yet, check out today's below.
I would like to thank NYC performing arts school Fiorello H. LaGuardia High School for seeding some of the great performances in artistic history. Timothée Chalamet in Call Me By Your Name. Sarah Paulson in everything she touches. And, uh, whatever we're about to receive on this Nicki Minaj press cycle. We'll get into all of that later on, but I just think we should all give a little love to arts education. It's really produced some of our finest. Anyway, here's the scoop from today: there's some Nicki stuff happening, a cool tour from Soccer Mommy, and an Uzi song named after (here comes the full circle moment) a musical.
1. Ok let's get all the Nicki stuff out of the way up top. She did an interview with famed New Zealander Zane Lowe and she said... a lot of stuff. She addressed her alleged beef with Cardi. She talked about Meek Mill's legal case and how she "can't badmouth" the judge in that case. Lil Wayne called in. It was a big two hours. She also dropped two songs, “Barbie Tingz” and “Chun-Li.” I'm not gonna editorialize this section because... I don't need barbs in my mentions.
2. Soccer Mommy is going on tour with PARAMORE. I think Hayley Williams has been reading my dream journal. The only way we can know for sure will be if Uzi joins this tour.
3. Speaking of Uzi, he dropped a new song called “Bandz (Bye Bye Birdie).” It does not, unfortunately, interpolate "Telephone Hour," but we can't always get what we want.
4. So yesterday I told you that Tyler and Childish Gambino were going on tour together. Apparently that wasn't true. My deepest apologies to all the pastel baseball caps who got excited.
5. Can we take a sec to talk about Sevdaliza's out-of-this-world fashion? We're talking nutso ponytails, Matrix-esque looks, and so much more. We stan.
6. Coworker Ben is out of the office right now, but that doesn't mean you aren't getting your weekly dose of hot new rap. This week includes yet another rapper doing a freestyle over "1000 Miles," which will truly never get old to me.
7. 03 Greedo came through the office to talk to us about face tattoos and never giving up on your dreams. Damn, that sounds corny and dumb but I swear it's a good vid.