1) Waka gave what might be the warmest (and smartest?) interview of his career.
2) Waka teased his forthcoming Lebron Flocka James 3 tape, which now has a release date: October 21st.
3) Ice Burgandy dropped a mixtape and nobody, not even the most dedicated and grimy of the trap rap bloggers, acknowledged it, despite it being a pretty well rounded effort:
4) Kebo Gotti is still mad at Waka about… something. Forty minutes of something.
5) Loose records were let loose:
DJ Drama f. Gucci Mane, "Me And My Money" (BOW BOW BOW BOW)
Pretty nice dark Gucci effort set to appear on Drama's album. Produced by Drumma Boy.
Karltin Bankz f. Gucci Mane, "Give Em Hell" (BOW BOW)
Karltin Bankz is a rap name. Gucci's verse sounds like it was recorded four years ago. Produced by Fatboi.
P. Smurf f. Gucci Mane, YG Hootie and Ice Burgandy, "What U Need" (BOW BOW)
One of these days Smurf is going toagain rap as hard as he did on "Homies." Today is not that day. Produced by Drumma Boy.
French Montana and Waka Flocka f. Prodigy, "Hell On Earth 2k11" (BOW)
Montana usually has a good ear when it comes to revisiting classics but I'm going to go on record as calling this one a bad idea. We Mobb when we Deep is the worst possible hook you could slap onto a Mobb Deep classic. Nevertheless, Waka and Montana's Lockout drops Nov. 1.