One of Nicki Minaj's show-stopping "Anaconda" dancers quite literally stopped the show when she was bitten by a 6 foot anaconda during rehearsals for the 2014 VMAs on Friday, according to TMZ. She was allegedly rushed straight to hospital where she's currently being treated, as the snakes are non-venomous but can still transmit infection. Our thoughts go out to her as we wait to find out whether she or the snake will still be making an appearance in Sunday night's show; in the meantime, re-live the moment Britney shared the VMA stage with a python in 2001.
Update: The snake in question was a boa constrictor named "Rocky" rather than an anaconda, MTV reports. They also confirm that the dancer's wound is "non life-threatening" and another snake will be used in Sunday's live performance.