8 Songs You Need In Your Life This Week
Tracks we love right now. In no particular order.
1. Let me introduce you, to that new and improved brand new: Empire soundtrack, that is. "Get No Better," from Serayah aka Tiana's first scene of the second season, is a bonafide earworm, TV show platform or no.
2. Blue-haired London producer Kamixlo has been steadily building a reputation in the capital as one of its most exciting new DJs, and with his infectious debut single "Paleta" arriving on Visionist's CODES label, it's easy to see why.
3. Selena Gomez is borderline unrecognizable on "Hands To Myself," a minimal, sharp-edged cut off her latest album, and I'm 100% here for the glo up.
4. There's a Missy Elliott sample on GoldLink's "Spectrum," and that's a good enough reason to bang the track. GoldLink's jaunty flow over a clap-heavy, dancelfoor-friendly beat is super chill, too.
5. Noah "40" Shebib annointed producer STWO and enthralling Iranian-Dutch artist Sevdaliza are a dream team on "Haunted," his cavernous production balanced by her intimate and evocative vocals: We're just humans, nothing more.
6. Rich The Kid and iLoveMakonnen represent different versions of so-called New Atlanta rap, which makes their twisted trappers anthem "Still Workin'" and forthcoming joint mixtape all the more intriguing.
7. Aaron Maine's Porches project evolves a lot, so the sparse disco backbone of "Hour" isn't shocking, just affecting; maybe he's just been listening to a little more Arthur Russell than usual.
8. Yes our bodies are most definitely here for Jay Boogie's leveled-up "Body Remix" featuring Cakes Da Killa and Shamz Le Roc and the mixtape, My H.O.E., that it signals.