1. Kendrick Lamar won four of four rap awards, and excellently thanked his partner Whitney Alford in an acceptance speech:
Kendrick Lamar #GRAMMYs Speech https://t.co/YgwSnRQKvz— ZombieProphet (@ZProphet_MMA) February 16, 2016
Eat with the people you starved with. "Thanks for always supporting me" - Kendrick to Whitney. pic.twitter.com/taIXhAB43t— Jermaine (@brainfeeder_) February 16, 2016
2. A$AP Rocky brought A$AP Yams' beautiful mom as his date.
ASAP Rocky brought A$AP Yams' mom as his date to The #grammys .Posted by The FADER on Monday, February 15, 2016
3. Taylor Swift snatched Anna Wintour's haircut:
Let's play a game, things that look like Taylor Swift's hair #ERedCarpet @Eonline pic.twitter.com/62KtUvwbkF— Girl With No Job (@girlwithnojob) February 15, 2016
4. Rihanna had to cancel her scheduled performance of "Kiss It Better" at the recommendation of a doctor.
#NAVY so sorry I couldn't be there ..... Thanks Grammys and CBS for your support tonight.— Rihanna (@rihanna) February 16, 2016
5. Ciara wore some kind of magical underwear.
did y'all know she could sing like that?! pic.twitter.com/XmGkD9r4Ib— lay-ken. ☥ (@lakinimani) February 16, 2016
"Kanye, it's your cousin Marvin West. You know that new sound you're looking for? Well listen to this!" pic.twitter.com/Nx7kMIHiPL— Dave Itzkoff (@ditzkoff) February 16, 2016
8. And actor Anthony Ramos threw up the Puerto Rican flag while the cast accepted the award for Best Musical Theater Album.
Mood. 🇵🇷 | @Lin_Manuel #Hamilton #grammys pic.twitter.com/Si2bmp1kxG— Jayson Rodriguez (@jaysonrodriguez) February 16, 2016
9. Kendrick Lamar basically staged a preview of his own musical with an incredible performance of "Alright."
GO OFF, KENDRICK.Posted by The FADER on Monday, February 15, 2016
10. The sound was not great, even during Adele.
Sound guy who just leaned on the mixing board as ADELE OPENED UP JUST LOST HIS UNION CARD, PAID LEAVE, AND INSURANCE— Phil Chang (@heyphilchang) February 16, 2016
The piano mics fell on to the piano strings, that's what the guitar sound was. It made it sound out of tune. Shit happens. X— Adele (@Adele) February 16, 2016
Because of it though... I'm treating myself to an in n out. So maybe it was worth it.— Adele (@Adele) February 16, 2016
11. Justin Bieber celebrated his first Grammy win (for Best Dance Recording) with an acoustic performance of "Love Yourself"
YES JUSTIN. #GRAMMYs pic.twitter.com/Dt1K2EAzKu— The FADER (@thefader) February 16, 2016
12. Then performed a shredding guitar version of “Where Are Ü Now” with Diplo and Skrillex.
FREE THE DOLPHIN SOUND— Joe Coscarelli (@joecoscarelli) February 16, 2016
13. Ezra Koenig was not impressed by Hollywood Vampires, Alice Cooper's new supergroup with Johnny Depp and Joe Perry.
Alice Cooper called Vampire Weekend "wimpy" in 2008. Fuk u, Alice. I am stronger (& more vampire) than you. Shame on Johnny depp.— Ezra Koenig (@arzE) February 16, 2016
14. Double 2016 Grammy nominee, 12-year-old Joey Alexander, went OFF.
GET IT JOEY 😤😎😤 #GRAMMYs pic.twitter.com/2jbe74fTw1— The FADER (@thefader) February 16, 2016
15. Taylor Swift used her Album Of The Year acceptance speech to subtweet Kanye West.
16. And Tori Kelly reacted with this face:
Tori Kelly's reaction to Taylor Swift accepting 'Album of the Year'. pic.twitter.com/1CP0ANNOD4— Shady Music Facts (@musicnews_shade) February 16, 2016
In a short speech, she said: "Art is the unapologetic celebration of culture through self expression. It can impact people in a variety of ways, for different reasons, at different times. Some will react, some will respond, and some will be moved." Amen.
17. Finally, Beyoncé came through to present Record Of The Year.
✨ SHINE, BEY ✨ #GRAMMYs pic.twitter.com/14oW6HHGHk— The FADER (@thefader) February 16, 2016