How to help in the George Floyd protests and beyond.

Mac DeMarco hosts new web series Advanced Studio Recording Techniques

The show debuted on “Eternal Family,” a subscription streaming site for independent artists.

March 30, 2020

Mac DeMarco is the host of a new music gear show called Advanced Studio Recording Techniques. The show's pilot episode is available now for subscribers to “Eternal Family,” a new streaming service spotlighting content from independent artists.

ADVERTISEMENT

In the show's first episode, Mac demonstrates how to turn a house's spare room into an echo chamber. His face is slathered in some kind of translucent jelly, a disorienting makeup choice when contrasted with the rest of the show's soothing, PBS aesthetic.

Eternal Family is cofounded by Cole Kush, a video artist who has collaborated with Mac on the video for "Here Comes The Cowboy" and the short film Backer. On Instagram, Kush describes the site as "an artist-run video membership experience and a place to try out new ideas... The goal is to create stable income and a place to try out ideas that can be self-produced and perhaps hard to pitch."

ADVERTISEMENT

You can subscribe to Eternal Family for $5 a month or $50 a year — 60% of the monthly profits are funneled to creators with the remaining 40% covering "operation costs and funds to create & license more interesting things."

Mac DeMarco's last album Here Comes The Cowboy was released in 2019.

ADVERTISEMENT
Mac DeMarco hosts new web series Advanced Studio Recording Techniques