1. Beyoncé showed up with her family and some important guests.
Beyoncé arrived on the red carpet with her daughter Blue Ivy and some distinguished guests, including the mothers of Mike Brown, Trayvon Martin, Eric Garner, and Oscar Grant.
2. Meek and Nicki stunned on the red carpet.
4. Nicki Minaj and Ariana Grande worked it out.
6. Kanye West's speech was a feel good moment.
Kanye graced the stage and introduced his video for "Fade" with a great speech about ambition and dreams. You can read the full text of his remarks here.
8. Rihanna's second performance was pretty much the greatest party ever.
Her du-rag was perfect, read a recap of her style here.
12. Rihanna served an all black look for the ages.
No one can rock the Vetements x Manolo Blahnik boots like Rih. She stomped in them for her performance of "Pour It Up," "Needed Me," and "Bitch Better Have My Money."
14. Beyoncé set an incredible record.
Beyoncé won eight awards on Sunday night, making her the most awarded VMA artist of all time with 24 total awards to her name.
For her fourth and final performance, Rihanna showed off the power of her voice by belting out “Stay,” “Diamonds,” and “Love on the Brain.” Read why Rihanna had the best night ever.
16. And Drake left us with an amazing memory.
Drake took the stage in a tuxedo after Rihanna's final performance to present the Michael Jackson Video Vanguard award to her. His speech to her was incredibly sweet and included the unforgettable line "She's someone I've been in love with since I was 22 years old." Watch the speech here.